Problems with English

Aug 31, 2010

The other day I stumbled upon this hilarious video about English language learners who have problems with different aspects of English.




As I thought this could be a great beginning-of-the-year activity, I searched the Internet for the tapescript. However, not only did I find the tapescript but also a great activity sheet with all the explanations of expressions, proverbs and colloquial words and phrases. There are also some tips on how to use this video with pre-intermediate, intermediate or advanced students of English. I found this activity sheet on Multimedia English Classroom, a fantastic site for English language learners and teachers, where you will find a plethora of fabulous ELT materials which can be used in the classroom.

Another idea is to compare the American sketch with the (original) British version.

4 comments

Arbi said...

Dear Arjana,

Thank you very much indeed for this hilarious video. I watched both the American and British versions and I had a great laugh. I also found the site very interesting and I will explore it more in the future.

All the best,
Arbi

August 31, 2010 at 7:56 PM
Arjana said...

Dear Arbi,

I'm so glad you like the videos. My favorite character is the man whose problem is emphAsis! Hilarious!

As for the website, it really is packed with materials and activities that can be used in the classroom.

All the best
Arjana

August 31, 2010 at 8:59 PM
Erika Osváth said...

Dear Arjana,

Can't tell you how grateful I am for these hilarious youtube videos. They really made my day :-)...so much that I quickly shared your post on my blog.
THANK YOU for sharing!
Erika

September 4, 2010 at 5:17 PM
Arjana said...

Dear Erika,

It's great to hear you like the videos. They're really funny. No matter how many times we watch them:-)

All the best
Arjana

September 5, 2010 at 5:52 PM
There was an error in this gadget