Looking back

Last year I made some New Year resolutions: one was to meet my Twitter friends f2f, the other was to share with Croatian teachers everything I learned on Twitter. A year later, I think I may say I've accomplished my goals - to a certain extent.

My blog for Cro teachers is still alive - by no means is it a lively, dynamic site, because only three people are subscribed to it and only rarely (actually: never) have my posts been inspirational or catchy to make my visitors leave a comment. However, there have been more than 2500 visits to the blog and more importantly, I've written 45 posts about different web tools that can be used in the classroom. Perhaps one day someone finds something useful in one of my posts.

The tweet-ups began early in January when I met @kenwilsonlondon (and his wonderful wife Dede) in London.
March brought a fantastic opportunity for a tweet-meet with @cheimi10 in Zagreb.
In April I went to Berlin and met @janwebb21, @MrMalcontent, @w2YDAvid, @jugoslaval and @olliebray.
In October came Cape Town and more tweetups: @c_arnett and @coolcatteacher.

My resolutions for 2011 remain the same: more tweet ups and more (more interesting) posts on my Croatian blog. However, there's something else I want to do add to it: more comments to my PLN members' blog posts. Let's say I write one comment a day. Too optimistic? Too enthusiastic? Undoable? Never mind, I'm going to give it a try. (#luvchallenges)

Comments

vickyloras said…
Hi Arjana!

It is so nice to see you have enjoyed the past year - as I have said before, this has definitely been your year,full of awards and praise for the great educator you are! I wish you more and more next year - the sky's the limit!

I hope to meet you in person next year - it will be a super tweet-up!

All my wishes for a super 2011,
Vicky
Janet Bianchini said…
Hi Arjana

What an amazing year it has been for you! I hope 2011 will be full of even more wonderful events. I would love to meet up with you, and as Vicky says, what a super tweet-up that will be!!

Best wishes

Janet in Abruzzo
Arjana said…
Dear Vicky and Janet,
thank you very much for your wonderful comments. I'll do everything to make that super tweet up really happen.
I wish you a fabulous new year.
All the best
Arjana
Vicki A. Davis said…
What an admirable wish - "more posts on my PLN's blogs!" I love that.

Nice to be part of your reflection! Best wishes for a great new year!
Arjana said…
Dear Vicki,
thanks for dropping by. I 'm so pleased that I had a chance to meet you in person.
All the best in the New Year.
Arjana