Week 42: Living in Virginia

Jun 3, 2015


Living outside of DC has its advantages and disadvantages. I commute to the District every day. It’s not a long commute, about 30 minutes on a good day. Traffic in DC is heavy, parking is scarce and expensive so lots of people use public transportation to get to the City (New Yorkers would say there is only one City and that’s not DC!). Because of that, buses and metro run frequently during the week, but at weekends they get really slow. So I tend to spend weekends in Alexandria instead of going to DC. I live in an affluent neighborhood where people know their neighbors, where even I know my neighbors. Passers by say hi to me even though I don’t know them. This is a neighborhood watch area and people often get together, like at the potluck by the community pool this past weekend. 











3 comments

elizabeth_anne said...

Goodness - I just spent the morning catching up on your whole year :-) and learning about Comforters (for adults!), tailgates, the add & drop week (I like that one), outside corridor motels, brownbags and lots of other things I'd never heard of before :-) to finish up by getting my own Kahoot :-)
Your kind gentle self shines through at every page (hmmm I wonder if your boys think of you like that (smiling)).
When I learnt that you were in the US, I didn't think of coming to check out your blog, whose title suddenly takes on a whole new dimension.
Kudos to you, amazing Arijana.

June 3, 2015 at 9:56 AM
Arjana said...

Thanks so much for your comment, dear Elizabeth! You're so kind! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
It's been a fantastic year indeed, an amazing experience and a dream come true!
Hugs
Arjana

June 4, 2015 at 1:25 AM
Mithun bd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator. July 13, 2015 at 2:36 AM
There was an error in this gadget