Ning, Glogster and Wiki

I can hardly believe that it's been a month since my last post. But what a month! Full of amazing web 2.0 adventures.

In my last post I wrote about the successful launch of Ning with my 16-year old students as part of their Elective English Class. Only two students didn't join as they claimed they didn't have either a computer or the Internet access. However, after seeing what fun the other students were having, they suddenly got both a computer and the Internet access. Now I can't say they are eagerly participating in our online class, but they're there with us, and that's what matters. With time, their attitude might change.

Anyway, I decided to integrate glogsterEDU, an excellent tool for creating mulitmedia posters, in my classroom. I wanted my students to present parts of Croatia to their peers from all over the world so I set up a wiki where they could display their glogs. We called it the Greetings from the world project and after several weeks of total addiction (hence my absence from blog world) we got the first few glogs embedded. It took only several tweets by my dear twitter friends for the project to go global.

So, join us, world! We would like to know more about you. Tell us what travel books can't. Share your world with us. There are no age limits for this project. Everyone is welcome. Especially the young and the young @ heart.